GHEE is a wonderful traditional food and supplement that has been celebrated by the ancient medical science of Ayurveda, for its taste, nutritional benefits, and medicinal qualities.
According to Ayurvedic medicine, ghee is the best fat a person can eat and absolutely essential to the diet.
Ghee is clarified butter - that is - butter simmered down to remove all milk solids and moisture, leaving only the nutritious and tasty oil. It is a butter, that has been cleared of any traces of lactose and protein. Ghee may be a great alternative for people who are highly lactose intolerant.
Ghee has many, many health benefits such as:
• a high burning point, so it is great for cooking and baking
• rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids, vitamin A, D, E, and K which makes it a fantastic digestive aid (other fats like butter, vegetable or nut oils, or animal fats are heavy and slow down digestion)
• aids elimination
• lowers insulin resistance
• improves memory and even flexibility (yoga, baby!)
• helps your body to get rid of toxins (often used in detoxes)
• great for energy and sexual vitality
• promotes skin + eye health
• great lubricant for your joints
• alkalizing for the blood
• fantastic for those who have leaky gut
• strengthens immunity
Ghee is truly unique. It naturally doesn't expire, shelf stable and actually gets better as it ages. My favorite brand is Pure Indian Foods. They are a local company here in NJ and have been making ghee for 5 generations. You can read about this company and check out the different products hey offer here.